Thursday, October 19, 2006

School Choice

A recent comment asked why I'm not applying to Wharton. The answer is that my school choice was heavily influenced by geography. My wife will be graduating from Stanford Law School this year, and the firm that she's overwhelmingly likely to work for has offices in Chicago, San Francisco, LA, and New York. This means that even Harvard will be a challenge for us if I get accepted there.
Also, I was born in Chicago so Kellogg & Chicago GSB were natural choices, and we've been spending time with the Stanford community out here so that was a natural choice as well. Harvard's unparalleled resources and reputation make it a good choice for a stretch school (well, maybe all of these are stretch schools), so that rounded out the list.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your apps. What all are you left with?

9:59 AM  
Blogger Thomas said...

Only Stanford is left! Although I may cave at some point and apply to Haas in R2 or R3

3:46 PM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

that's a cool school list. good luck !

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home