Monday, May 28, 2007

Math update

I almost forgot -- I've found a substitute for the math training software I was going to write. Speed-math.com sells software that helps you learn the Trachtenberg system of mental math. The story of the system's development is pretty amazing -- Trachtenberg developed the system as a way to keep from going crazy in Nazi concentration camps.
The software is reasonably well written, and I've already learned how to rapidly add huge numbers with it. The rules for rapid mental multiplication are somewhat more complicated, but if Trachtenberg was able to teach it to below-average nine-year-olds, I think I'll be able to figure it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suma said...

hi, the Tracehtenberg system of mental math is really amazing and excellent..it helps all, whoever wants to practice mental math through software...

cheers,
suma valluru
-------------------------------------------------------
https://www.esumz.com

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home